Dates: 14-18 May 2018 (travel days not included).
Requirements: Norteas member school's degree students only.
Application: Info on deadline and how to apply will be announced later.
Incoming Norteas students: min 3, max 10.
The course module Entrepreneurship is conceived to strengthen the student’s mindset and capabilities in developing independent projects, and to help them form an understanding of what a sustainable life with performing arts might consist of. The course plan is structured so to allow the student to become exposed to three different entryways into entrepreneurship:
- Entrepreneurship as mindset – how do I see myself as an entrepreneur and an artistic entrepreneur?
- Entrepreneurship as value creating work – how do I locate values in my projects
- Entrepreneurship as a tool – what concrete tools of professionalization should I know?
The course will focus on creating a concrete and useable bank of material and knowledge, which the student can employ in other projects, processes and in the future life as a professional.
The course rotates between class lectures, presentations and exercises:
What kind of skills/training can students expect to achieve (learning outcome):
At the end of the course the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate fundamental knowledge about entrepreneurship and transfer it to concrete forms of reflection, connecting to the student’s own processes.
- Identify value potential in various processes with the purpose of working development-orientated in connection with the surrounding world.
- Put selected entrepreneurial tools to use with the purpose of professionalizing idea development, communication, networking and project management.